MusicTech just posted a hands-on review of AmpliTube TONEX, giving IK's new Tone Modeling software a score of 8/10. The review covers the steps involved in capturing amps and effects and discusses the main benefits of creating your own Tone Models. Here are some highlights and a link to the full review below:
When the number crunching has been done, there's a chance to compare your actual rig with the model using a very straightforward screen.
When we tried this with a Telecaster, Fender Twin and a saturation pedal, the results were astonishingly accurate!
- Astonishingly accurate modeling of your own hardware, at home
- Supplied tone models sound authentic and rich
- Ever-growing online library of downloadable presets
- Hand-holds you through what is quite a complex process
"There's tight integration with Amplitube, and your models will be available there too with the added bonus of your being able to add the many extra modules available to create larger and more complex chains.
The ability to accurately capture the sound of your guitar hardware will be a godsend for many, especially touring musicians.
"For non-touring players, the benefits are equally clear. You won't have to rig everything up to practice, or to record, or to jam round at a friend's house. Once you have created your models, they're just a click away."
- Standalone and plug-in operation
- iOS apps coming soon
- AI-powered analysis and modeling of amps, cabs and stomps
- Upload and download models with ToneNET
- Bundled models of existing classic gear
- Integrated with Amplitube 5
- Compare function for hardware and model
- Custom skins for modeled gear
- Variable modeling quality settings
- Works as an impulse response creator
Read the full MusicTech review HERE.
Check out the intro pricing still available here on TONEX and TONEX MAX.
TONEX works as a standalone and plug-in for all the major DAWs, plus it's available seamlessly inside AmpliTube 5 with Tone Models appearing just like regular AmpliTube gear.
TONEX has two main sections: the Machine Modeler, where the AI Machine Modeling Tone Models are captured and generated, and the Player/Editor, where the Tone Models can be searched, browsed, played and their sound customized.
Plus the massive library of Tone Models on ToneNET can be accessed directly from TONEX software where you can instantly search, filter, demo and download Premium and user Tone Models.